Monday, February 6, 2012

FedEx - I quit. My Resignation Letter

My resignation letter... what do you think?


**************************************


Sir:

On Saturday, you made a rather insulting comment about myself and the other drivers in your employ having “a lack of integrity” for not reporting alleged damage to the vehicles that – quite simply - we knew nothing about.

You continued on, stating that we were accountable for the trucks when we’re not always with them (ie: parked in a loading dock and making a delivery in an office complex) which is thrusting an unreasonable liability on your employees.

Sir – I take pride in my having personal integrity and - coming from a law enforcement background, hold myself to a higher standard than most others would.

I have faithfully come to work every day and worked very hard to prove my merit and my work ethic to you, only to have you insult me so.

  • Whenever there was any issue with the trucks, the 1st person I notified was you.
  • When it came to working late to get the job done, I gladly did so
  • When it came to helping other drivers out, I gladly stepped up to do so.
  • Furthermore, my employment contract expired over a month ago, and you have yet to discuss or attempt to renegotiate it with me.


And you question my integrity? You have the gall to question my work ethic?

Sir - I can’t speak for my coworkers, but I have personal and professional integrity. I take pride in my work - but I also have honor… and that, you have thoroughly insulted.

Therefore, I see no further reason to continue our professional relationship. I hereby resign, effective immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment